Wednesday 14 November 2007

HEAD BANGING, MR E, IYA CSHARLIE’S SON.

N.B- This particular post get expiry date ooooo hehehehehe.

Start quote - "I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often." (BTcy)





Hey Blogville, am still trying to settle down in Blogfunland.

Today, I drafted my story about my stolen lunch but I thought I should share this with you before posting that later today (maybe......)


Head banging this afternoon like someone pounding iyan on my head, I left work early to go home for a quick nap because I knew I needed to be ok for my other job this evening (Don't mind me o, I get many jobs lol! ....Did I hear you say I too like money .. see your mouth like heehehe.... u nko? lol!).
On my way home I was just thinking I should have listened to my sister who suggested a early night yesterday. She was like "se you won't go and sleep, there is school and work tomorrow"... Me posing, really trying to play the nice hostess, I just said I’ll be aight...


You see, my sis and I have been trying to play catch up since my bday, as we only get to talk on the phone most times because we live far apart from each other.
With her days off work came my opportunity to have dignitary in my house (yes oo, my sis na dignitary ... you sabi all those coconut kin ppl, she be omo dudu for outside but oyinbo within...lol. Am sure she'll have my head if she sees this post.. I can almost hear her saying “se emi ni coconut"....Hehe... the more reason for you to read this post quickly so I can delete before they call family meeting for naija... lol!).


Ehn Ehn as I was saying o jare, Na so I tell my sister that I have to pencil her in o for us to meet this week ( she dislikes me feeling like am important... that's what one has to deal with people that saw you grow up. As she don see me finish, I usually don't get away with my yanga with her.)
Penciled her in I did and Tuesday evening after school was it. Fortunately for me, Mr E, my Evidence tutor cancelled the last seminar for the day, giving me an extra one hour to organise sumptuous efo riro for my sister. (I gat to blog about Mr E one day, I have tolerated that man all through ds past years. From Legal method, to Criminal and now Evidence... I can’t wait to be let off his hook....!!)


I knew I had spinach and all other condiments for the efo, so I just got big dry shrimps (That na essential commodity for efo riro). On getting home, I quickly cleared my house. Cleaning up before she arrived was necessary for me ooo, yes I said necessary. More like I felt I gat to prove a point to my sister (like she cares...lol) that I am matching up to her standard of cleanliness. My sister is a tidy guru. I remember when I held bread in her kitchen one Christmas like that and she was like “get a plate get a plate... I don't want crumbs on my floor"... inside me, am like crumb na da (where is the crumb)...... I tire..... that day, I no fit talk the thing wey dey my mouth because I no want ifoti... lol!


Maybe one day I will blog about dem days that she used to sweep our house almost several times a day and I used to wonder "back no dey pain you". House help sef no fit collect broom from my sister’s hand when she starts. My people, Not trying to exaggerate, our old house was quite big (We always joked about the layout of the house and nicknamed it - Sound of music house), and my sister will sweep la maison from upsteers to downsteers, every single room......kai! and she won’t be tired of doing it, and then as if our house be mosalasi (mosque) I spell am well.... whatever jare!! Lol!.. Sumbody borrow me Yoruba dico ) I can remember my sis shouting from upstairs after greeting my dad " Dad please dust your shoe before you enter, if you meet her near the door finishing one of her sweeping rounds, you gat to remove your shoe ooo including the headmistress of our house (Did I hear you say who be headmistress..uhmmm you too like gist..., anyways dat na tory for anoda day jare.)


Hope u still dey follow me o... Pardon me for digressing all over the place... Not my fault got too much story for you lol.
Ehn enh...House all tidy. I was cursing my flatmates and saying baba forgive me at the same time, if only they did their bit, I would not have to spend some of my cooking time to clean the whole house - I guess av had enough of living with men, I think I will suggest women to my landlord the next time vacancy dey for that house sef. I dey run from female drama hence all the men, but now I think I’ll tolerate the drama and rather have the house tidy. Those boys give no stress at all; men are so easy to live with. With men, you are guaranteed no drama at all, its just the cleaning that does my head in.... I don nag I don tire..... but I love them all the same.


Feeling cool with my self, I started cooking my efo riro and then I called my sister to find out where she was. She said she was on A406, serious traffic. Well I was happy on one side of my belle because I have extra time to get everything ready, and on the other side of my belle uhmmmm- Make I talk this one? Well my sister knows I could be paranoid and cynical at the same time so if she stumbles on this post before I delete, I no go get ifoti. Okay, there is this my sis’ friend o – Miss O. Miss O dey live near me and Av had cheeky arguments with my sister in the past of why she will share our appointment time with Miss O and I on same visit to the east – I still can’t figure out if its to save cost or time by thinking she can do both visits at the same time. (..Uhm see abuse... una don abuse me finish. Ok I agree...lol I dey cheeky and jealous....... ehn tank u... Na me get my sister o jare.lol!.) So yesterday evening I don mean my sister o..... I was thinking “if na 419 she wan use for me in an attempt to share our precious catch up time with Miss O by saying traffic dey A406, and try arrive my house anything past 7pm tonight, she will go back to her husband’s house o, ...... and I will just say an unexpected night vigil just come up for out shurch (Abeg who dey do night vigil for London on a Tuesday night...lol!). – God forgive my evil thoughts, she came before I finished my nonsense thinking. Meanwhile Miss O is one of the funniest people I have ever met. There is really no dull moment around that lady, still missed her not been at my Bday. In fact funny is an understatement, I love that babe and her achievements; she is indeed one of my inspirations.


Na so we siddon watch dis and dat.did our gbeborun catch up, laughed, ate, teases about my cheap ice cream and all that. We had fun. Efo riro turned out well by the way. I had amala and sis – iyan (I pounded it ooo... hhehehe lol!). We were up till late and I knew I had to pay for this fun at work tomorrow as my head started banging, I sha went to bed like that.


Head still banging till I got home from work this afternoon. Had my beans and dodo, and napped off. After the rest, I woke up this evening feeling refreshed, packed my bag and about to set out for work only for me to check my phone and I saw one missed call like that, uhmmm it was from one of my mothers..hehehe. Uhn, I really don’t know how to decode this one jare, but the message was funny (Something like – “how are you o, your parents are in Nigeria.....eeeh!! Am thinking like I don’t know that my parents are in Nigeria hehehehe. Guess its old age for the woman......bless her for checking on me though).Still thinking that I have gist for my sister, to tell her the message of one of our mothers lol! (I like doing gbeborun with my sister.... and the funny thing is she will wait ooo, hear the gist and at the end she will abuse me and finish the conversation with “...Uhmm gbeborun- I still can not understand why she doesn’t do the abuse at the beginning of the gist so I can keep my gist to myself...Lol)..Thinking of how to describe the message word for word, I stepped out my door and on approaching Hair E14 (a salon near my crib), guess who I saw....In front of my korokoro eyesss na................... Omo iya Csharlieee..... yes oooo Charlie gan gan.... eeeennnnnnnn o!


Well I saw the background of where Charlie dey speak, I con say this na my former shursh. Shame no even catch me oo, na im i enter the salon o (Please don’t be embarrassed for me , it is too late .The deed has been done, I won’t do that next time – am not promising though...:-)....), uhmmmm with an accent and innocent voice I con say “ Please can I watch that” pointing to the flat screen on the wall.... the babe talk say “of course” ( For my mind , I dey think, even if you talk say no, I go engage you for conversation for 2 mins until they finish the thing.. dey take one eye look am as I dey talk), but the babe was nice she allowed me. (Me I can be very dignified oo, and act up like I tush small, but ‘guess that local thing in me dey gree show face sometimes.......hehehehe) before my eyes on sky news was Charles...ehhnnn. The prince, omo Queen..... lol ehn – u don sabi the person now uhmm, if you no still understand read metro tomorrow o jare.., na im I con stand dey look. All the familiar faces for my former church dey on sky, hosting our queen’s daudu J

I con dey make comments for inside salon as I dey watch... like “Awwwwwwwwwww my church” (with my fake B accent and fake innocent voice), the babe in the salon said “really?” I said “yesss”. Na im they con show the pastor... I say Awwwwwwwwwww Pastor A. (With same stupid accent and voice again – u’ll think I no fit hurt fly). She said “is that your church?” and I said yes (Former church o, new church o, all na the same oo jare innit?..Hehe– Na all of us host Charlie, I dey host my own in the spirit with them...lol!)


When I told my sister what I did, she said awwww I will hook up to sky for the 7 o’clock news, and as usual she con abuse me again. U dis girl, Omo disgrace.... your gbeborun as usual (I am determined to starve her of gist for a month – please don’t beg me ooooo. Anh anh you know how mush fresh hot gist dey hike for stock market...lol!)


Na so I leave salon oo,... said thank you to the babe... dust the shame comot for body....., and was grinning from ear to ear, as if something special just happened to me ( well e special oo, av always dreamt of the day that omo dudu will impact places that matter in this nation. A se se bere ni o (We just start) dem never see ein thing...it was Ken at FOL, now it is Charlie at Brent. God is really moving in the midst of His people. Is 60:1. We be light so we no get choice but to shine....

Make I run , am training 2mr and I have not finished my notes, so na here i go leave tory today, i go add this to my list of my close shaves with fame. In fact am thinking of blogging about this someday because there are some people i have read about, heard about and i am humbled by how our paths have crossed.

End quote-In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but through perseverance (BT)

"Success depends on getting good at saying no without feeling guilty. You cannot get ahead with your own goals if you are always saying yes to someone else's projects. You can only get ahead with your desired lifestyle if you are focused on the things that will produce that lifestyle." (JCn)

‘Leave you with this prayer, before the end of this week; you shall wonder at the awe of God in your life because of what he has done that will come into manifestation in your life this week IJN.

Take charge and God bless.

No comments: